Following the guidelines described on this page will help to ensure that your item is approved. Failure to follow the guidelines will result in rejection or the need for re-submission after fixes are applied.
The terms MUST, MUST NOT, SHOULD, SHOULD NOT, and MAY when in uppercase are used in accordance with RFC 2119.
Last updated 2014-02-23
- Design quality and consistency
- Item data conventions
- Item screenshot
- Licenses and attribution
1. Design quality and consistency
- 1000 Design MUST display high aesthetic quality, visual appeal, and should be attractive enough to compete on WrapBootstrap.
- Clarification: Over time the expectation to deliver higher quality designs to customers increases. New items and item updates are expected to meet or exceed the current level of quality in order to ensure those expectations are met.
- Example issues:
- 1000.1 Design is too similar to existing items.
- 1000.2 Colors used do not compliment each other.
- 1000.3 Elements are misaligned or not placed in a consistent manner.
- 1000.4 Design is too specific for general use.
- 1001 Design MUST be vector-based.
- Clarification: Designs based on rasterized images will not be accepted. You must provide the original file formats with your item. The more file formats that are included, the more likely an end-user will be able to make use of the design.
- 1002 Item MUST employ consistent branding.
- Clarification: The name of the item as seen from within the item and documentation (in both images and text) must match the name displayed on WrapBootstrap in the item name field and the item description field.
- 1003 Design, documentation, and item description MUST NOT contain spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Clarification: While simple spelling and grammatical mistakes typically do not affect the functionality of an item, they can give the impression that there is a lack of attention to detail.
- 1004 Item MUST NOT contain violent imagery, overly-sexualized imagery, or nudity.
- 1005 Item MUST NOT contain racial slurs, hate speech, or otherwise inappropriate/offensive language.
2. Item data conventions
- 2000 Name MUST be unique on WrapBootstrap.
- Clarification: It is important that the item's unique name is not already used by another item on WrapBootstrap. When a name is not unique it can cause confusion and branding issues.
- 2001 Name SHOULD follow the format [unique name] [separator] [short description]
- Clarification: Acceptable separators: Hyphen (-), vertical bar (|), colon (:), and tilde (~)
- 2100 Description MUST be written in Markdown syntax.
- Clarification: HTML is escaped and does not render on item pages.
- 2101 Description MUST contain a bulletpoint list of assets included in the item.
- 2102 Description MUST contain a paragraph describing the design and its potential use cases.
- 2103 Description MUST contain attribution links for third-party assets used in the construction of the item.
- 2104 Description MAY contain images.
- Additional screenshots
- Marketing images
- 2105 Description MUST NOT contain violent imagery, overly-sexualized imagery, or nudity.
- 2106 Description MUST NOT contain racial slurs, hate speech, or otherwise inappropriate/offensive language.
- 2107 Description MUST be written in English.
- 2108 Updated item versions MUST include a detailed changelog in the description and documentation bundled with the item.
3. Item screenshot
- 3000 Screenshot MUST be 600x375 pixels in 24-bit PNG format. File size MUST be under 600KiB.
- Clarification: Screenshots will be rejected if they are distorted or if they were previously saved in a lossy format (for example, JPEG or 8-bit PNG).
- 3001 Screenshot MUST be kept up-to-date and reflect the item at its latest approved version.
4. Licenses and attribution
- 4000 Third-party assets used in the construction of your item MUST be properly licensed or free for commercial use.
- Examples of third-party assets:
- Icons and other glyphs
- Source artwork (for example, .psd and .ai files)
- 4001 Item description and documentation MUST include attribution links to third-party assets.
- Clarification: Attribution must include the name of the author, the type of license the file is distributed under, and a direct link to the asset online.
- 4002Item MUST NOT include third-party assets in the zip file that are not licensed for distribution.
- Clarification: Some third-party assets allow for their use in commercial products but do not allow you to bundle them with your item (for example, certain .psd files). Those assets should be linked to in the documentation provided with the item and must not be included in the zip.